Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cold on gas!

Dometic AC/LP Fridge
So this week, I managed to get the Dometic refrigerator working on LP gas as well as AC! So if we lose shore power, it will automatically switch over to LP gas and keep right on chillin the contents. Well, that is IF we leave the LP gas mains on, which I never do.

Also did some more work on the bath, removed the doors by drilling out the rivets. Looks like we're going to have to replace the piano hinges, because 1) they are GOLD, and 2) they are coated with the last several paint colors. "Goof Off" is a great product for removing sticky stuff, but I think it could get expensive in the quantities that I'd need to use, with all the sticky stuff in this Argosy. Worked some more on the bath walls, but honestly, the more I get into it, the more I want to tear out everything and just start from scratch. I'm trying to be efficient and get this done in a reasonable timeframe, but then I see a little bit of rot, or some trim that's all jacked up, and I just add more to the work plan. Plus, I see some folks who do a 2 year body-off-frame complete remodel, and that just fires up my competitive nature as well as gives me a gazillion ideas, and I seem to be creeping ever closer to a complete rebuild....Thank god there is a Home Depot right by the airport for my after work supply runs.
Stripped door, ready for primer

I also hooked up city water this week, and have figured out the waste water solution. It's not pretty, but it's functional. Oh, and I took out the wooden divider cap poles. Now all I need to do is decide what material we're going to have for the dividers, as the existing aluminum dividers are pretty thrashed. Heading over to Tap Plastics today to price out some plexi, but who knows? I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the bamboo sheets that the PO gave us with the Airstream.

The Internet problem has been solved @ Brians, so that's a good thing. Now I just need to work out a speaker solution so I can crank up some Yanni or something and annoy the local "Riverfolk".... ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you don't need any more Goof Off. If you crank up enough Yanni it will eat the paint right off the walls, bitch.

    I love this blog, btw. And I love my Auntie, for being able to do all the butch things that I'm completely incapable of doing. Holla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know who cracked me up more... my nephew or my sissy!!

    ReplyDelete