Sunday, August 29, 2010

The walls came tumblin down...

The wall is gone...


This week was super busy at work, so there was not a lot of progress on the Airstream. What I did get done was the removal of the wall between the office and the bath, lots of paint removing, and some cleanup. I pulled all of the latex paint from the office ceiling, removed the gold trim pieces, pulled out the flashing that was covering the ducting (not an easy task....I thing the PO used carbon fiber screws or something, I could not even drill them out). Not to mention it was like 100 degrees in Guerneville. The good news is that the air conditioner kept up nicely, and the Airstream interior was about 73 degrees. It's noisy though. Cool &  noisy or hot & quiet....hhhmmm....I suppose we'll figure that one out next summer when we're camping.

 Oh, and we scored a desk from Ikea, a neighbor gave it to us. So, like so many projects that are driven by some whim of fate, the color, scheme, and look & feel is set in my mind now, largely due to that one piece. It's going to take some modification but it's actually perfect. Also did some perusing at Tap Plastics, and I think we can use a thin plastic for the wall dividers, which I think will look totally cool.
Office wall with heat ducting and wheelwell

Next week I'm planning on replacing the flashing after stripping it, as well as finally completing stripping the bath. May even get to stripping the paint in the bedroom. Another 6 or 8 months is all I need.... LOL....

All in all, the project is going well. I may need to take a day off work to just knock out some stuff that has to be done in one pass, such as taking out the toilet & resealing it, or doing some plumbing re-routing. Plus, I'm already tired of living in a demolished trailer....it will be really nice to come "home" to the finished product, to get ready in the bath, to cook in the kitchen.....

Also need to order the furnace motor and sand & touch up the exterior rust spots before it gets cold up there.


Be sure to check in next week, followers! There will be a lot of progress, I'm sure.
Downtown Guerneville

1 comment:

  1. So how's it going? This post is kinda old. Are you still progressing?

    How'd you make out with the furnace? I've got parts from two old Suburban furnaces that I'm trying to get working in my 72 Revcon

    Check out oldrv.net and if you feel like blogging there I would be happy to host your musings.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete